CumulDistance "null" although Distance Attribute is set

Jump to solution
04-25-2022 12:07 AM
Barbara_Araujo
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have done many VRP analyses following exactly the same procedure before, but for one project specifically CumulDistance as well as CumulTravelTime are not showing. This is curious as I am setting the Time Field Unit to Hours and the Distance Field Unit to Kilometre after loading my Orders/Depots/Routes/Breaks, right before running the analysis. I am not sure what else I can do to indicate distance. What am I missing?

ArcGIS Pro version 2.9.2

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherMoe
Esri Contributor

Is the VRP layer using a local network dataset (saved somewhere on file) or is it referencing ArcGIS Online? A quick way to check this within ArcGIS Pro is to look at the run button. Does the icon have the cloud with the play button or just the play button?

If it is using ArcGIS Online, there is a known limitation of the Cumul fields not being returned from the services and so you will not see results for those fields. 

If it is using a local network dataset, check the travel mode settings and see if the distance impedance parameter is set. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
HeatherMoe
Esri Contributor

Is the VRP layer using a local network dataset (saved somewhere on file) or is it referencing ArcGIS Online? A quick way to check this within ArcGIS Pro is to look at the run button. Does the icon have the cloud with the play button or just the play button?

If it is using ArcGIS Online, there is a known limitation of the Cumul fields not being returned from the services and so you will not see results for those fields. 

If it is using a local network dataset, check the travel mode settings and see if the distance impedance parameter is set. 

Barbara_Araujo
New Contributor III

Hello Heather, thank you for your reply! I am using a local network dataset, as the tables serving as sources for the analysis are stored in my computer (albeit in my OneDrive). However, I just realised my "play" button has clouds. How is this possible? There should be no connection to ArcGIS Online.

Barbara_Araujo_1-1651467601375.png

Impedance is set as TravelTime (minutes) with a cost parameter of 0.

Barbara_Araujo_0-1651467578434.png

Thank you

0 Kudos
HeatherMoe
Esri Contributor

When first opening a project in ArcGIS Pro the default network data source is typically the portal you are signed into which for you is likely ArcGIS Online. It will automatically swap to a local network dataset if you add one to the map or you can change it from the Network Data Source button on the dropdown before selecting which layer type you would like to model.

0 Kudos
Barbara_Araujo
New Contributor III

Hello Heather, I was concomitantly in contact with Esri support and received an explanation on what contitutes a network dataset. As I am a beginner in GIS, I thought you were referring to the data I was using to run the analyses (points, breaks...). We have established I am indeed using ArcGIS Online's Dataset. As such, your clarifications are correct. This is indeed a known limitation.

Thank you for your time and help!

0 Kudos