Creating Footpath Network in Buildings/Campus

Jump to solution
02-02-2013 06:20 PM
AustinRutledge
New Contributor
I'm attempting to create a network to model foot traffic in a large /multi-building high school. I've created the edges for my network based on point destinations. I feel like I have included all the neccesary attribute fields in my source feature class but continue to get:

Warning: No route from location "Graphic Pick 1" to location "Graphic Pick 2".
Error: No solution found.

... when I attempt to solve a route problem. Does this have something to do with attibute fields in my source feature class? How I've built the ND?

The fields included in my source feature class are: ObjectID, Shape, Minutes, F_ELEV, T_ELEV, Oneway, Length, SHAPE_Length, and Description.

Any ideas on where I should start looking for solutions? I've looked and looked at help files but it seems nothing talks about how to create the source feature class you want to use for a network dataset and what fields it should include.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RamB
by
Occasional Contributor III
It is a better to use 'planarize' tool, it gives better results than 'integrate'. Please read the pros and cons of both methods in help manual 🙂

regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanielLewis1
New Contributor II
The usual issue here, particularly with line geometries that you've digitised yourself, is one of connectivity. Although edges may appear to meet at vertices, they may not, even if the gap is very small this will not necessarily be recognised as a mutual vertex when you build a network from that line geometry.

Try running the snap (Editing) tool, with a suitably low value and try again. If that fails, try the Integrate tool.

Then rebuild the network from the revised geometry.

The fields themselves should be fine, assuming the values are appropriate, you'll need to add the oneway restriction when designing the network.
RamB
by
Occasional Contributor III
It is a better to use 'planarize' tool, it gives better results than 'integrate'. Please read the pros and cons of both methods in help manual 🙂

regards,
AustinRutledge
New Contributor
Thanks! The planarize tool solved my problems.
0 Kudos