Create drive-time areas (traffic) in ArcMap

02-03-2019 05:42 AM
FilipeMarques_Teixeira
New Contributor

I've been using ArcGIS online to create drive-time areas which take into account traffic, but as there's quite some testing involved, I would like to try an option that doesn't use credits.

I wonder if there's any tool in ArcMap that allows me to create those areas taking into account traffic.

I'm a complete beginner with this, and I saw that it is indeed possible to create those areas but none of the options includes traffic, except for the online version.

Any tips?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

"Offline" would mean that you would need to have your own local street network dataset that is configured with a traffic feed that you have purchased from a vendor. So yes, it is possible to do this but if you do not have your network data and traffic feed it will be much more expensive.

Jay Sandhu

FilipeMarques_Teixeira
New Contributor

Dear Jay,

My bad for not explaining it correctly. By offline I actually mean without having to use credits.
So without using credits what's the approach I should take? I'm only interested in getting the catchment areas.

0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

If you are using AGOL to compute drive time polygons then you have to use credits. There is no free service.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos