Converting Historic\Live Traffic Data into ESRI format (DTF?)

04-28-2013 10:00 PM
yonatanrubinstein
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have historic\live traffic data that isn't coming from the TOMTOM\NavTeq ESRI-data Providers (AFAIK they don't have data in Israel). I want to transform it into the format the network analyst uses, problem is that I can't find anywhere the format of the TMC and DTF files that Navteq provides(or sample files).

Alternatively, is there a way to subscribe to Navteq for a trial period ( I couldn't find anything on their site, very uninformative).

Thanks in advance.
Tags (2)
16 Replies
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor

Hello!  The DLL is automatically registered when the sample is compiled.  

You can see how it works if you open the file CutomTrafficProvider.csproj in Notepad++ or some other text editor.  Scroll down to the bottom of the file and there are "BeforeClean"and "AfterBuild" sections telling the project to unregister before building and register after.  

If you think it might not be working, try to register the DLL manually just to make sure it can.  For ArcMap, it would be something like this:

c:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS\bin>esriRegAsm.exe <Path to your DLL> /p:Desktop 

0 Kudos
MariosSimou1
New Contributor

I have done everything as the website says, but still the custom provider option does not appear on traffic data tool. I tried using also the absolute paths of the files but still nothing. What I am doing wrong?

0 Kudos
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor

I'll download and retry setting up the custom feed.   What version of ArcMap are you using?  And what version of Visual Studio?

Are you using just the code as-is along with the sample data as-is?  Or did you make any change or use your own data?

Thanks

0 Kudos
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor

It all appears to be working for me.  I went through the steps and when I opened up ArcMap and the traffic data tool, Custom Provider showed up.

Glancing at your screen shots, it looks like the GUID for the provider is different than mine.  The one I used was: 

{929DFEE5-11DC-4BC9-B66F-B493A4470451}

You get that GUID from the top of the TrafficProvider.cs file.  Make sure your provider GUID matches the one in the code.  

I hope that fixes it!

0 Kudos
MariosSimou1
New Contributor

It still doesn't work. I used your GUID number which is the same with mine, but nothing didn't change. I also tried to use the GUID numbers which are contained at the TrafficProviders.xml file and it worked. My ArcMap version is 10.4

0 Kudos
PatrickStevens
Esri Contributor

Hmmm...  I'll install 10.4 and give that a shot.

When you compile does a popup appear that says "Registration Succeeded"?

Can you email me a zip of your code and your TrafficProviders.xml?   pstevens@esri.com

0 Kudos
MUHAMMADKAMRANFAIZ
New Contributor

Hi Patrick Stevens,

I would like to thank you for developing Custom Traffic Provider tool. 

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e11126ea20e941bd9644046e62e2bdbe

is this tool is supported by latest ArcMap version 10.8.2? and can it be used to develop custom traffic provider?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks in anticipation. 

0 Kudos