Closest Facility - Have Incidents route to a specified Facility (not just the closest)

Jump to solution
12-15-2022 06:33 AM
Labels (2)
KatieTener1
New Contributor II

Looking for some inspiration and advice.. I'm wanting to calculate the distance of incidents to a specified facility (like closest facility route analysis). However, I don't want the incident to route to the facility closest to them, but rather the facility with it's matching ID i.e incidents with an ID 1 would route to facility number 1 and so on. 

I have over 600 of these to calculate so would appreciate not having to create 600 layers and running the analysis manually. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Echoing Jay's solution above.  Your problem doesn't sound too large, but if you're struggling with that workflow, you might have some success downloading our large network analysis sample tools here: https://github.com/Esri/large-network-analysis-tools.  The Solve Large Analysis With Known OD Pairs tool in that download generates routes between origins and preassigned destinations.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

Sounds like you want to create shortest path routes between pairs of points. You can do this with the Route solver, not Closest Facility. You can load in the starting points and then map the ID field to the ROUTENAME property. Then load the ending points and map the ID field to the ROUTENAME property. Solve the route layer. This will create routes between each set of unique routename IDs.

You can read more on the routename property here:

Route analysis layer—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Jay Sandhu

KatieTener1
New Contributor II

Thank you. Route Solver was definitely a better tool to use

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Echoing Jay's solution above.  Your problem doesn't sound too large, but if you're struggling with that workflow, you might have some success downloading our large network analysis sample tools here: https://github.com/Esri/large-network-analysis-tools.  The Solve Large Analysis With Known OD Pairs tool in that download generates routes between origins and preassigned destinations.

0 Kudos
KatieTener1
New Contributor II

This is exactly what I'm looking for; thank you

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Katie and anyone else reading this thread who might be doing similar workflows.

Esri’s Network Analyst Team is doing some research about customer workflows involving solving routes or calculating travel times and distances between known or preassigned pairs of origins and destinations.  It sounds like that's what you're doing here!  We’d like to better understand our customers’ needs in this area and may use this information to design and develop improved tools and workflows.

If you have a few minutes and are willing, could you please fill out the attached survey and return it to the e-mail address included inside the document?  Alternatively, you can reach out to me (my e-mail address is in the document) to set up a meeting.

Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos