Can network datasets from different locations be merged?

Jump to solution
10-24-2022 08:20 AM
RyanSnead
New Contributor II

Hello, I have generated many public transit network datasets across the state of Pennsylvania by local authority (e.g., Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority and Pittsburgh Regional Transit). I would like to merge them all to run a service area analysis based on provider facilities across the state. I could run the analysis for each local authority separately but that would take quite a long time and I have four sets of providers. Is there a feasible method to combine all of my public transit network data sets so I only have to run four analyses rather than over 40? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi again, Ryan.

You can't really combine existing network datasets, but you can definitely combine multiple public transit agencies into a single network dataset.  The GTFS To Public Transit Data Model tool allows you to input as many different GTFS datasets as you want.  You will need a single feature class of street features, so if you have a separate one for each city, you'll need to merge those in advance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi again, Ryan.

You can't really combine existing network datasets, but you can definitely combine multiple public transit agencies into a single network dataset.  The GTFS To Public Transit Data Model tool allows you to input as many different GTFS datasets as you want.  You will need a single feature class of street features, so if you have a separate one for each city, you'll need to merge those in advance.

0 Kudos
RyanSnead
New Contributor II

Okay, that's not bad. Thanks again, Melinda! Everything worked smoothly after sorting out the last SQL issue.

0 Kudos