Calculate point to point distance on a route (street network)

Jump to solution
08-04-2014 07:48 AM
MichaelLodes1
New Contributor

Hi,

I have an amount of starting points and an amount of ending points lying on the lines of a street network.

Both point types have own feature classes.

Now I would like to filter out the ending points that lie a certain distance away from the starting points.

I spent now several days to find that out but meanwhile I am pretty desperate.

Can PLEASE somebody help me?

Best Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you rule out the Origin Destination Matrix?  from the help files "The OD cost matrix finds and measures the least-cost paths along the network from multiple origins to multiple destinations."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you rule out the Origin Destination Matrix?  from the help files "The OD cost matrix finds and measures the least-cost paths along the network from multiple origins to multiple destinations."

0 Kudos
MichaelLodes1
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your answer.

I followed the instructions on the ArcGIS Help Site but I am not able to append multiple (origin and destination) locations with the "Add Locations" tool.

The workflow by creating new toolbar ("Network Analyst") and then creating "OD Cost Matrix" I can easily reproduce ..... load my origin and destination class into the OD Cost Matrix classes by right clicking into the Content Table onto "Origins" and "Destinations".

But I have to create a model in the model builder, so I need to do this with tools from the toolbox.

So I used at first the tool "Make OD Cost Layer Matrix". Then I have to use the tool "Add Locations".So at this point appears the problem that I cant load several classes (the origins and destinations classes).

In the end you have to use the "Solve" Tool to finish the process.

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry if I am too stupid but I find that this is really user unfriendly...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Creating a model is quite a bit different than your original question.

0 Kudos
MattCrowder
Esri Contributor

Run the Add locations tool 2 times.  One time to load in your origins and another time to load in your destinations.

0 Kudos