Break values: Generate Service Areas (Network Analyst)

02-17-2014 05:51 PM
NaChen
by
New Contributor
Dear all,
I am trying to generate service areas using network analyst. For the "Break Values", usually we need to enter one or several values by separating in space. However, what I want to do is: for each facility, I have a unique break value, which is stored as a column in facility layer. So I want to ask whether it is possible to enter these break values for each facility. I have more than 5000 facilities.
Looking forward to hearing the answer. Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor
Yes!  To do this, you need to use field mapping when you do Load Locations (or Add Locations from python).  You need to map your input data's break value field to the Breaks_[ImpedanceAttribute] field in your Service Area Facilities layer.  Each one will get its own break value that way.  The break values option on the layer properties will be used only if a facility doesn't have its own in the table.  In other words, the values in the table override the default value on the layer properties, which is just what you want.  You can read more about field mapping here: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//00470000003t000000
0 Kudos
NaChen
by
New Contributor
Thank you so much!! This is really very helpful!

Yes!  To do this, you need to use field mapping when you do Load Locations (or Add Locations from python).  You need to map your input data's break value field to the Breaks_[ImpedanceAttribute] field in your Service Area Facilities layer.  Each one will get its own break value that way.  The break values option on the layer properties will be used only if a facility doesn't have its own in the table.  In other words, the values in the table override the default value on the layer properties, which is just what you want.  You can read more about field mapping here: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//00470000003t000000
0 Kudos