Allocated weighting for network location allocation

Jump to solution
05-10-2018 03:34 AM
Thomasvan_Lanschot
New Contributor

Hi,
Im trying to solve a Location-allocation problem using the network analyst tool. I have a series of facilities with a capacity and a series of demand points with an output value. I need to join demand to facility until they are 'full'.

I was looking to do this with the allocation weighting. 

One issue i have in solving this is I cant use my own allocation weighting from my point layer. ARC creates a new demand point data set with a uniform value for all points.

Does anyone know how i might solve this issue 

networkanalysis location allocation #arc desktop

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

When you load your point layer as "demand" for a location-allocation layer, you can map in the field that contains your allocation weighting as "Weight". See the attached screen shot that maps the field POP2000 to the weight property.

Similarly you can map in the "Capacity" for the Facilities. Make sure to use the "Maximize Capacitated Coverage" problem type to solve with capacity.

Jay Sandhu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

When you load your point layer as "demand" for a location-allocation layer, you can map in the field that contains your allocation weighting as "Weight". See the attached screen shot that maps the field POP2000 to the weight property.

Similarly you can map in the "Capacity" for the Facilities. Make sure to use the "Maximize Capacitated Coverage" problem type to solve with capacity.

Jay Sandhu

0 Kudos
Thomasvan_Lanschot
New Contributor

Hi Jay, Thanks a lot. 

0 Kudos