Adding Navteq divider restriction to Network Dataset

10-21-2011 10:32 AM
JohnatanRojas
New Contributor
Hello.

Navteq street data includes an attribute that models dividers on a single link/arc, it is used to prevent right turns because a divider exists.

check the attached image...., the left side is the real life, and the right side is how navte models it. The "Street" with the divider is modeled as a single arc with dir travel = Both 

It is posible to model a restriction in the network dataset using the divider attribute??
Or we have create a polyline for each intersection to model invalid turns?, in the example it would be 4 additional turns??

I would aprreciate any help or insights from you experts....

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Hello.

Navteq street data includes an attribute that models dividers on a single link/arc, it is used to prevent right turns because a divider exists.

check the attached image...., the left side is the real life, and the right side is how navte models it. The "Street" with the divider is modeled as a single arc with dir travel = Both 

It is posible to model a restriction in the network dataset using the divider attribute??
Or we have create a polyline for each intersection to model invalid turns?, in the example it would be 4 additional turns??

I would aprreciate any help or insights from you experts....

Thanks

Had to take a second look at your images; obviously, you're not in the U.S.!  😮

Anyway, I'm not at all familiar with Navtech data, but could you augment it with an additional line that has a one way restriction to the correct direction of travel?
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos