Add a map to Network Analyst Directions HTML output

09-12-2017 11:47 AM
Brian_McLeer
Occasional Contributor II

I am using Model Builder to route water meter shut offs and services for a daily route. The output is an HMTL document with the directions. I have not found a way to add the map at each stop for the GP Tool located at Network Analyst Tools \ Analysis \ Directions. I know that you can add maps from the Directions tool on the Network Analyst toolbar, however I am trying to find this option on a more automated approach in Model Builder or Python.

Brian
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

never thought about it, but the tool help for Directions, says something about a stylesheet... perhaps that is the clue for html output... whether it contains the map, I will defer to others

0 Kudos
Brian_McLeer
Occasional Contributor II

Seems like the XSL style sheet allows for some formatting. I might need to work my team for an SRSS report or something similar about modifying the HTML output.

Brian
0 Kudos
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

The GP tool in Model Builder does not have access to the map document, so not able to add inset maps into the html output from the Directions tool. (The directions window as you noted, does have access to the map and has those capabilities).

Jay Sandhu