MMPK with Navigator for ArcGIS

03-10-2016 01:54 AM
LeeKum_Cheong
New Contributor III

Hi there, I have prepared a mmpk with ArcGIS Pro 1.2 and shared it out to my AGOL organisation. Would like to know onthe steps to get it into my Navigator for ArcGIS. Thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
EmilyGibson
New Contributor II

Hi Lee,

Although you can make MMPKs in ArcGIS Pro 1.2 or later, they are not supported in Navigator for ArcGIS yet. They will be usable in Navigator in a future release.

Best,

Emily

JayJohnson2
Occasional Contributor

They do work in Version 1.3, although it may take several hours, in my case between 9 hours and 33 hours.  Then, use Share Package to put them on ArcGIS Online, and Navigator will see them.  Portal will host the files, but you will only see them either when looking at your uploaded files, or while on the phone in Navigator.  You will be able to see the files once you are signed in.

EmilyGibson
New Contributor II

Thanks Jay, you are correct that MMPKs are supported in Pro 1.3. They are actually supported in Pro 1.2 as well, and any version after that. You are also correct that Navigator for ArcGIS 2.0 or later now supports the use of custom MMPKs. 

I'm wondering, what took between 9 and 33 hours? Just running the Create Mobile Map Package geoprocessing tool? Or the whole process of making an MMPK, from start to finish? 

0 Kudos
LaurenNeidhardt
New Contributor

Has anyone else put them on ArcGIS Online and you still cannot see them in Navigator? 

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Lauren,

Can you please make sure that your .mmpk has a network in it, and a geocoding locator in it?  if either is missing, it will not appear in Navigator search.

0 Kudos
LaurenNeidhardt
New Contributor

It was the address locator! But now, my network doesn't show up in Navigator, i was able to download it and the thumbnail shows it, but its not part of the map. I wonder if the fact that I don't have a time attribute is affecting it. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Lauren,

Glad to hear you were able to get the map into Navigator. Since you are able to download the map in Navigator, the network dataset should be present in the Mobile Map Package. You can attempt to route by dropping a couple of pins and this will give you a good idea if it's there. As far as the streets/network not showing, is everything else showing up as it should in the map? If so, by any chance did you disable the rendering of the streets in your table of contents prior to re-packaging your map the second time around? The thumbnail online might not have been updated when you re-shared the map.

Thanks,

Joel 

JayJohnson2
Occasional Contributor

Just running the tool.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Jay,

One thing you can try is creating a new Pro project and adding only the items you need to create your Mobile Map Package to that project. I've noticed that building packages in projects that have had a lot of past traffic can really slow things down. If this is the case, you might notice that simply opening the Create Mobile Map Package tool in your current project takes longer than expected.

Best,

Joel