MMPK opens in navigator but app crashes when trying to route

Jump to solution
12-18-2018 01:07 PM
deleted-user--MMnVrog9xw_
Occasional Contributor

I created a MMPK for use in navigator, In Navigator on Android I am able to download the package, open it, scroll around, and search via the locator. However, when I attempt to route to a point; the app instantly crashes with the standard message "Navigator has stopped". 

I have tried creating the MMPK several times with different parameters but the result is the same each time. However, it does seem to be an issue with my MMPKs because I was able to successfully route in Navigator on the Navigator tutorial basemap. 

The MMPK is being shared through Portal.

Version details:

Navigator version 2.0.1

MMPK created using ArcGIS Pro version 2.2.0

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Occasional Contributor

I forgot to update this post with the solution that I found:

Running the "Dissolve Network" tool on the network used in the mobile map package fixed the issue. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
JayJohnson6
New Contributor III

What is being compressed?  Imagery or vector?  What spatial area? I found that a county was about as much as Navigator was capable of, and at best that took an hour.  Larger areas took about 6 to 10 hours and would often crash at 71% or after writing a file.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

It's all vector data, county-wide streets as well as water polygons and some boundaries, plus the street network itself. What are you saying took 6 to 10 hours to do?

I have no problem creating the MMPK, it takes about 10 minutes to run and I don't get any errors, and it displays without problem in Navigator. The issue only occurs when I attempt to route. 

0 Kudos
JayJohnson6
New Contributor III

The map package took several hours to create when I tried it by state or region. This was too large to fit in the iPhone 5 or 6, given that at the time Navigator could not store map cards in the microSD card. I was told last year that Navigator might have that ability later. I cut my spatial area down to a single county on the next project, and those MMPKs usually worked or failed within one hour.

Do you have StreetMap Premium, or your own vector centerline? How well was the snapping of intersections done?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Sounds like you had a lot more data than me, my package created within 10 minutes and was only ~25 MB. 

I am using our own street centerlines and routing network. Our paramedics have been routing off of the data for years (through their CAD software) so connectivity is pretty good. 

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

James,

Are you able to generate routes in ArcGIS Pro using the Source data?

If you open the MMPK that you created in ArcGIS Pro, can you create routes with Pro?

It may be that there is a network error that Navigator is not handling...  or could be something else.

thanks,
Mark

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I am able to generate routes in ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap using the source data.  Is there a trick to opening the package in Pro? When I right click on the file and open with ArcGIS Pro it opens Pro but does not seem to actually open the map. 

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

You will need to import the map.

Check to make sure pro can route on the mmpk

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Mark,

I was able to open the MMPK in Pro and I was able to route on it. 

0 Kudos
JayJohnson6
New Contributor III

Yes, it was a very large amount of data to compress.  My first project in Navigator was for BNSF Railway, to route insurance investigators to derailments.  Our staff often drove SUVs and trucks with rail wheels, so our routing had to include tracks or rough ballast side roads.  BNSF operates in about 28 states.  ArcGIS Online and FME: Live maps with BNSF Railway - YouTube 

My second Navigator project was for EQT in Pittsburgh.  We were trying to route company vehicles and contractor vehicles away from downtowns and school zones in Pennsylvania.  Our pilot county was Greene County, which is full of oil and gas wells.  Each wellhead had a gravel road to the well.  https://www.eqt.com/ 

0 Kudos