Is there "Create Locator" support when building a MMPK

Jump to solution
04-29-2022 01:39 PM
ScottFedak2085
Occasional Contributor

I was playing around with things and testing bringing in some custom Network Datasets, Basemaps, and locators into an MMPK to be consumed by Navigator. Navigator didn't seem to honor the Basemaps symbology scaling for one, but the main thing I had issue with was locators built using Create Locator do not appear to be supported. What is supported are locators built using the soon to be deprecated Create Address Locator. Anyone know if it is planned to support Create Locator via Navigator in the near future?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you using Navigator on IOS or Android?

Navigator on IOS should work with locators created by both Create Address Locator and Create Locator.

Navigator on Android only supports locator created by the Create Address locator tool.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoséDanielGoigocheaPinchi
New Contributor II

good morning, I am also interested that the friends of ESRI can answer this matter, I will thank you very much.

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you using Navigator on IOS or Android?

Navigator on IOS should work with locators created by both Create Address Locator and Create Locator.

Navigator on Android only supports locator created by the Create Address locator tool.

0 Kudos
ScottFedak2085
Occasional Contributor

@MarkBockenhauer I was testing on Android, so that answers that question. I'll have to test on IOS when I get a chance. Are any future Navigator (Android) releases expected to have Create Locator support?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

@ScottFedak2085 we are working on an updated version of Navigator on the Android and iOS platform currently. This release should address a number of bugs as well as support all the different permutations of locators that the platform supports. Too early to tell when we will be able to release but it's certainly something we should be able to get out in the fall.