Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a way to specify arrival times for the different stops in a route when opening up the Navigator app using the URL scheme?

Jump to solution
02-22-2017 08:31 AM
ZacharyFranco
Deactivated User

When making a call to the optimized route API service you can specify arrival times for the stops, so I was wondering if you could do the same thing in the URL scheme to the Navigator app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Zach,

There is currently no way to do this with Navigator as the apps does not honor time windows, although this is something we are considering for a future enhancement. One potential workflow would be to use some of the Network Analyst tools in Pro or Online to create a list of ordered stops based on input time constraints/windows and then use this ordered list in the url scheme of Navigator. The Navigator app will honor the ordering of inbound stops if you set the optimize argument to false in the URL scheme.

Hope this helps,

-Brent

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Zach,

There is currently no way to do this with Navigator as the apps does not honor time windows, although this is something we are considering for a future enhancement. One potential workflow would be to use some of the Network Analyst tools in Pro or Online to create a list of ordered stops based on input time constraints/windows and then use this ordered list in the url scheme of Navigator. The Navigator app will honor the ordering of inbound stops if you set the optimize argument to false in the URL scheme.

Hope this helps,

-Brent

ZacharyFranco
Deactivated User

Ah okay, that's what my team and I were thinking. I was just hoping to save us from having to make any other API calls before opening the Navigator app. Thank you for your quick response!

0 Kudos