Select to view content in your preferred language

How can I get a trial license for Navigator for ArcGIS? I want to try it before I make a decision to use. I downloaded it but there is no way to sign in with Organizational account until I can enable the Navigator license.

04-23-2016 04:59 AM
KrishnaGummuluri1
New Contributor

How can I get a trial license for Navigator for ArcGIS?  I want to try it before I make a decision to use.  I downloaded it but there is no way to sign in with Organizational account until I can enable the Navigator license.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello,

The trial process is described on the Marketplace listing, esri.com page, and doc page (links below).

If you do not yet have an ArcGIS Online subcription, Navigator is part of the ArcGIS Trial.

http://www.arcgis.com/features/free-trial.html?origin=navigator

Or, if you already have an ArcGIS Online subscription and want to add a trial to it, you can email services@esri.com and provide your customer number, subscription id, name and contact information.  They will add a trial to your existing account.

https://marketplace.arcgis.com/listing.html?id=b2d9a4dd70174fac8986dd2bf15a477a

Navigator for ArcGIS

FAQs—Navigate | ArcGIS

Thanks, hopefully that will clear it up!  -scott

0 Kudos
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

Does anybody know if Navigator is available under ESRI's not for profit program?

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Jason,

Navigator is not included with the not-for-profit program, but you could of course add it to that separately.

0 Kudos
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

Scott,

Thanks for the info.

If an organization was looking at implementing Navigator would they first need a AGOL account with a named user?

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Jason,

Yes, that's right- to use Navigator you need to be a named user of ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise, and also have a Navigator license. 

0 Kudos
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Scott,

Is there a requirement that the ArcGIS Online named user needs to be a Level 2 Contributor to have data pushed down to Navigator or can that user just be a level 1 viewer?

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Jason,

Navigator comes with access to a library of Navigation maps (see below link).  If your organizaiton wants to customize those maps or create your own Navigation maps in ArcGIS Pro, that user needs Level 2 capabilities.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/group.html?id=5f430cab7f2b4cb5926bb9fe4e054ecc#overview 

0 Kudos
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

Our organization does have Level 2 and ArcGIS Pro 2.0.  We were approached by an outside a non profit that would like to leverage and access our authoritative NG dataset. They are considering applying for NGO so they would have their own AGOL account. I was not sure if a level 1 user in a separate AGOL account could pass our authoritative data down to Navigator.

0 Kudos
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Jason,

To share content with an organization, it requires a L2 account.

Levels, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

So a L2 user would need to share the map to thie ArcGIS Online Org, and then a L2 user with Navigator could access it, download it, and then use it.