Viewing data older than 2 months old in ArcGIS Monitor

Jump to solution
06-10-2021 01:17 AM
davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

The following is from the ArcGIS Monitor FAQ page:

Raw data in ArcGIS Monitor is continually aggregated and truncated when more than 14 days old. Only aggregate data (day, month, year) is stored after that. The size of the database will grow rapidly in the first 14 days and then stabilize. Once you have 14 days of data, a growth rate of 1 GB per month is typical.

So, the bulk of the data in a Monitor database is the raw data from the previous 14 days, then it is aggregated and retained furthermore. However, are there any tools/reports in Monitor that actually let you query the data once it more than a few months old? The oldest pre-set time frame for producing reports in Monitor is "Last Month" as far as I can tell. There is a "Custom Time" option on some reports, but when I try this it doesn't work for any time frame older than a few months in the past.

If it isn't possible to query data older than a certain age, why is it being kept?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Currently I don't believe there's a way to recall the data older then a few months.  My understanding is that it's kept as historical data in order to better show trends. It may be accessible in future releases, but only the ArcGIS Monitor Team would know for sure.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Currently I don't believe there's a way to recall the data older then a few months.  My understanding is that it's kept as historical data in order to better show trends. It may be accessible in future releases, but only the ArcGIS Monitor Team would know for sure.