Testing counters runs indefinitely, no error or validation is returned

Jump to solution
04-01-2022 08:19 AM
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to set up new counters in ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1. For example, trying to add a system counter to monitor the machine ArcGIS Monitor is installed on. I fill in all the information and hit Test. I see the spinning icon and it runs for hours and does not return any errors or succeed.

This also happens if I test other counters that have already been set up and tested successfully by another user. I am running ArcGIS Monitor app as an administrator on the machine. Has anyone seen this behavior?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The first thing that comes to mind is to check that the windows service for the collection is set to be run by an account other than "local system" and have that account set as an administrator on the Monitor machine.

The next steps would be to restart the Monitor server itself, relaunch the Monitor admin app, and try testing the connections again. If for some reason the magical answer of "just restart" doesn't fix it, try cleaning views to help clear out any cobwebs. After cleaning views, either restart the server or just the windows services to refresh everything, then try testing connections again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The first thing that comes to mind is to check that the windows service for the collection is set to be run by an account other than "local system" and have that account set as an administrator on the Monitor machine.

The next steps would be to restart the Monitor server itself, relaunch the Monitor admin app, and try testing the connections again. If for some reason the magical answer of "just restart" doesn't fix it, try cleaning views to help clear out any cobwebs. After cleaning views, either restart the server or just the windows services to refresh everything, then try testing connections again.

tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks! Combo of restarting and cleaning views did the trick. 

0 Kudos