Select to view content in your preferred language

Roll back install from 2023.3 to 2023.2 due to database conneciton issues

02-06-2024 05:51 PM
s1234678
New Contributor

I want to roll back ArcGIS monitor install to the previous version, is there any documentation for that and how to back up the metrics?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RanaDas
Occasional Contributor
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @s1234678,

Rolling back to a previous version of ArcGIS Monitor is not supported because the database schema changes cannot be rolled back cleanly. I'm happy to help you troubleshoot the database connection issues you mentioned if you'd like to provide more details.

Josh

s1234678
New Contributor

Okay, when I did the upgrade from 2023.2 to 2023.3 I got an error message saying "ArcGIS Monitor Database not connected". I have uninstalled .3 now, should I delete everything and start from scratch? 

0 Kudos
Pat_Gallagher
Regular Contributor

I had the same issue and installed 2023.2 and was able to connect back to the database. There is a new update 2023.3.1 that fixes the database connection issue. It may be better to try installing the new update instead of going back to 2023.2.

GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @s1234678,

As long as the ArcGIS Monitor configuration store is still in place, you should be able to install ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1 which I think will resolve this issue, as @Pat_Gallagher pointed out.

Assuming you are on Windows, the configuration is located in this location:  C:\Users\<serviceAccount>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISMonitor. Where, serviceAccount is the Windows service used to run the ArcGIS Monitor service.

Josh