Select to view content in your preferred language

New ArcGIS Monitor Release?

Jump to solution
01-09-2023 06:07 AM
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

The current ArcGIS Monitor release version is 10.8.1.
At the last UC a new version was mentioned. Can we expect a new ArcGIS Monitor Release anytime soon? Maybe with ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1?
Or did I miss the ArcGIS Monitor 2022 Release? --> Event Demos | ArcGIS Monitor - Esri Videos: GIS, Events, ArcGIS Products & Industries

I found this, but no updates since: Solved: May we have an estimate of when ArcGIS Monitor 10.... - Esri Community
Solved: ArcGIS Monitor 10.9.X - Page 2 - Esri Community

0 Kudos
17 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the feedback John.  Sounds like we're about the same.  I had planned on the PostgreSQL being on the same box with Monitor as well, much as Mongo is on the same box as my current 10.8.x Monitor is now.  

Seems like it's architected like Portal, but without the PostgreSQL - probably so it can remain database agnostic.  I too would prefer a black box, but regardless, what version of PosgreSQL did you go with? 13.6?

0 Kudos
John_Spence

I installed 15.1. While it was in alpha, Monitor could connect to SQL Server which was super awesome. Performance wise though, I get why they went with PostgreSQL considering the number of data points/performance.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Ok thanks.  Yes the very last thing I want to do is stand up another SQL Server instance just to run monitor.  SQL licensing considerations too.  So the system database requirements help says the supported versions  are 13.6 and 14.5 and that newer minor versions are supported also.  But 15.x doesn't sound like a minor version... Guess you're getting lucky? 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

... or I just don't know postgres as well as  I thought . . . which is probably the more likely case

0 Kudos
John_Spence

So...situationally, when I was getting this on the road, the documentation on database requirements was not there. I rolled the dice knowing I could roll back the server and try again.

I am not thoroughly familiar with PostgreSQL considering I am a Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL guy typically. In truth though, it was not all that dissimilar to any other database or management interface. Give it a whirl. It's a VM. 😉

0 Kudos
John_Spence

Probably explains the one or two minor bugs that popped up relating to a db issue. Maybe I will pull it down and rebuild it now that the documentation is there.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Could be.  Yes having the documentation there is needed for sure.  I still need get my system admins to carve me out another vm on our host and set up a DNS for the machine so I can apply our CA cert.  But yes, I did see that neither the 14.5 or the 13.6 version is available for download from that EDB site.  In our MyEsri I see the PostgreSQL 13.6 DBMS for Windows, but not the 14.5.  So I guess I'm going with 13.6 . . .

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@DavidColey - Apologies for the late reply. I've been working at the Esri Fed GIS conference this week and pretty busy. I see some great discussions between you and @John_Spence - Thanks John for all your insight, awesome! This is the type of collaboration we like to see on Esri Community. 🙂