Issue deploying ArcGIS Monitor

Jump to solution
05-28-2018 04:56 PM
deleted-user-RhG9zFDAFTI1
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm setting up ArcGIS Monitor here in our enterprise environment. I have had a Windows 2012 server deployed just for the purpose of trialling this software.

I ran through the installer without an issue. I then installed MongoDB v3.6. I configured the post install to point it to the Mongo path and port and set up the Mongo data path. I can access the System Monitor website from outside of the server.

The problem is when I run the ArcGIS Monitor Administrator I cannot make a connection. I'm using the tutorial here: Create a connection to ArcGIS Monitor Server—ArcGIS Monitor Administrator | ArcGIS Enterprise 

As ArcGIS Monitor server is installed on the same machine as ArcGIS Monitor Administrator I've been attempting to refer to it by localhost, 127.0.0.1, the machine name, and the machine alias, but still no luck.

Please let me know what to try next. Thanks.

Error

Error.

Post install

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi David, good to hear it's working. Yes, the default password ArcGISMonitor is case-sensitive.

If you need any further assistance with ArcGIS Monitor, I recommend contacting Esri Technical Support so an analyst could best support you.

0 Kudos
ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I thought I'd add to this post as I had a similar Token error that was very difficult to diagnose.

Essentially when I tried to establish a connection I got the following error:

Token Error

Failed : Server Input Error - cannot find server xxxxxxx:443

For me this issue was nothing to do with the way I  tried to install ArcGIS Monitor but a missing DLL on our server. 

I needed help from one of our Senior Systems Engineers to find the cause of this issue.

When we tried to run the following from the command prompt:

mongod --storageEngine wiredTiger --dbpath E:\ArcGIS_Monitor\Mongo\Data --port 27017

MongoDB failed to start and reported that there was a missing DLL.

When we investigated this DLL it turned out we need to update our MS C++ Redistributable to the 2019 version on the Server

Once we update the MS C++ Redistributable and restarted the server then re ran the Post Installer and checked the logs 

MongoDB was ok and we were able to create a connection

Hopefully this helps someone else and saves them a world of pain.

Thanks,

Clinton 

GersonCaldeira
New Contributor

Hello,

I just wanted to give my two cents for this issue.

Be sure that the internet proxy configured on the machine running ArcGIS Monitor Administrator has no problems on reaching ArcGIS Monitor Server Site.

Regards,

Gerson.

0 Kudos