Is there support for MongoDB on AWS for Collection store?

Jump to solution
05-21-2018 06:52 AM
SzymonPiskula1
New Contributor III

Hello

According to this

FAQ - ArcGIS Monitor Installation & Configuration 

Q:           What databases are supported for the ArcGIS Monitor data repository?

A:            Only MongoDB version 3.4.x or 3.6.x community server version for Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit and later, with SSL support x64.

Does it mean I need to set up a new Windows Box, install one of the above or is there support for MongoDB hosted on AWS infrastructure?

Regards,

Szymon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Szymon,

It is possible to install MongoDB hosted on AWS infrastructure. Esri Managed Cloud Services has a range of service options depending on the needs of your organization. It is also possible to install MongoDB on a new Windows Box or VM. I suggest reviewing the ArcGIS Monitor System Requirements before installing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Szymon,

It is possible to install MongoDB hosted on AWS infrastructure. Esri Managed Cloud Services has a range of service options depending on the needs of your organization. It is also possible to install MongoDB on a new Windows Box or VM. I suggest reviewing the ArcGIS Monitor System Requirements before installing.

0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

Please note that for the most deployments, it sufficient and recommended to install mongodb on the same server with ArcGIS Monitor.  In that case, ArcGIS Monitor handles all mongodb configuration.

If you opt to separate these components, you'd have to configure mongodb services and point the ArcGIS Monitor to the this service.

0 Kudos