Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a way for ArcGIS Monitor to notify us when a new service is published to a AGS or AGE?

Jump to solution
Wednesday
JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Occasional Contributor

Greetings,

I have a need where I would like to be notified if someone publishes a service to a stand alone AGS or AGE. I was curious if this was possible with monitor. I looked through the data, brainstormed with a colleague about different approaches, and I haven't been able to settle on anything that would do the job. I am confident in Monitor's notification capabilities to handle this idea, but I'm struggling to figure out how to know when to notify. Thank you for any brainstorming.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi

Tags (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

What about using a Collection.  And then set it up like this. Would that work?  I am not 100% sure what the Created At metric is. 

Dan_Brumm_0-1724261524137.png

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd

View solution in original post

AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

To be specific, it is a time when this service component was registered with ArcGIS Monitor.   In many cases, it could be a good indicator of when service was created, except when you initially register ArcGIS Server.  Also, note, you would not be able to answer this question when service is deleted.  In other words, when a service is deleted in ArcGIS Server, it will be deleted from ArcGIS monitor (no archiving capabilities in monitor) 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

What about using a Collection.  And then set it up like this. Would that work?  I am not 100% sure what the Created At metric is. 

Dan_Brumm_0-1724261524137.png

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Occasional Contributor

Greetings @Dan_Brumm ,

Thank you for you reply. I like the thought, but I believe that is when the metric that is being collected was collected. The ArcGIS Monitor Information Model describes created_at as The date and time the entity was created.. Looking at the data, the timestamps in that field for my services are pretty recent, and most of my services have been around a while. I hope I'm wrong, cause that would be really easy. Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi

0 Kudos
JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Occasional Contributor

Greetings @AndrewSakowicz,

Thank you for your response. That is interesting. If I am following along correctly, is it safe to say that what @Dan_Brumm proposed would work to tell me when the service was published, but isn't working due to that bug? Thank you for everything and have a delightful day.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi 

0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

To be specific, it is a time when this service component was registered with ArcGIS Monitor.   In many cases, it could be a good indicator of when service was created, except when you initially register ArcGIS Server.  Also, note, you would not be able to answer this question when service is deleted.  In other words, when a service is deleted in ArcGIS Server, it will be deleted from ArcGIS monitor (no archiving capabilities in monitor) 

JoeGuziStarkCountyOH
Occasional Contributor

Greetings @AndrewSakowicz ,

Thank you for the clarification. that makes sense. I will give this a shot when the bug is resolved. Thank you for everything, and have a delightful day.

Sincerely,

Joe Guzi

0 Kudos