How to release (deauthorize) ArcGIS Monitor license

Jump to solution
01-24-2018 06:10 AM
Lu-chiaChuang
New Contributor III

Oops. I authorized the one and only ArcGIS Monitor license for my company on my workstation for testing purpose. The test didn't work out. Anyway, I do need to return this license to Esri. My question is how can I de-authorize (or release) this license back to my.esri.com? I don't find any documentation on this topic. Do I just uninstall ArcGIS Monitor from my computer? I doubt the uninstallation process will return the license. On ArcGIS Desktop, there is a command prompt option to de-authorize a license.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

One more question, does EDN subscription allow me to run a test ArcGIS Monitor on my laptop? Thanks. 

Luke

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Luke,

Just uninstall ArcGIS Monitor and the license will not be used. ArcGIS Monitor is licensed based on cores of ArcGIS Server being monitored. There's no need to de-authorize or release it. Later on, you can simply install ArcGIS Monitor on another machine to make use of it.

ArcGIS Monitor is not included with an EDN license/subscription.

Best Regards,

John

View solution in original post

3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would recommend contacting customer service  Contact Us | Esri About   They should be able to answer those questions for you.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
Lu-chiaChuang
New Contributor III

That's what I plan to do next. Just want to see if there's a way to do it myself. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JohnGraham2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Luke,

Just uninstall ArcGIS Monitor and the license will not be used. ArcGIS Monitor is licensed based on cores of ArcGIS Server being monitored. There's no need to de-authorize or release it. Later on, you can simply install ArcGIS Monitor on another machine to make use of it.

ArcGIS Monitor is not included with an EDN license/subscription.

Best Regards,

John