How to manage/remove database connections for counters

Jump to solution
02-19-2021 08:02 AM
JCGuarneri
Occasional Contributor II

I'm setting up database counters ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1 and made some mistakes creating database credentials. I'd like to remove the old, broken credentials from the list, but I can't seem to find anywhere to manage these. Is there something I'm missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

If you click on the name of your ArcGIS Monitor service from inside ArcGIS Monitor Administrator (the line with the little graph next to it) you should see 6 different tabs for the various credentials you can enter, one of them being 'Database Connections'.  This is where they get stored within ArcGIS Monitor, and you can remove the ones that no longer work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

If you click on the name of your ArcGIS Monitor service from inside ArcGIS Monitor Administrator (the line with the little graph next to it) you should see 6 different tabs for the various credentials you can enter, one of them being 'Database Connections'.  This is where they get stored within ArcGIS Monitor, and you can remove the ones that no longer work.

JCGuarneri

@ReeseFacendini I'm actually trying to remove the "credentials" and not the counters. For example, in the screenshot below, the first two credentials are working, but I want to remove the third one. I can select which credential to use for my counter, or I can add one. I'm looking for a place to remove or edit an existing credential.

JCGuarneri_1-1613751938270.png

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Ironically enough, the database credential tab is called "database connections", but that is the place to remove the login info, and it will not remove your counters at all.

JCGuarneri

Ok, I see that now. I misread where you said the "name of your ArcGIS Monitor service" and was looking in the wrong spot. Sorry about that, and thanks!

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

No worries! Glad you were able to get it to work 😊