Select to view content in your preferred language

Create a notification for a host where the C: drive is running out of space

Jump to solution
06-16-2023 08:14 AM
Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

I can't seem to wrap my head around how to configure a notification to get this kind of information. I tried using a component but all that is available for a condition is "storage total". I tried using an alert which I have setup on the compent but I cant figure out how to create a notification from it. 

Any help would be appreciated

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

Is the question to have just one notification, specifically for storage only?  How about other critical alerts? My recommendation is that you configure critical alerts on storage and then notification for critical alerts, e.g. 

here are the storage default alerts

AndrewSakowicz_0-1686934255041.png

Go to Administration > Notification > Custom notification 

AndrewSakowicz_1-1686934385901.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

Is the question to have just one notification, specifically for storage only?  How about other critical alerts? My recommendation is that you configure critical alerts on storage and then notification for critical alerts, e.g. 

here are the storage default alerts

AndrewSakowicz_0-1686934255041.png

Go to Administration > Notification > Custom notification 

AndrewSakowicz_1-1686934385901.png

Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

That was it.. I just could not conceptualize how I was supposed to make it work...   Fun fact,  as soon as I setup the notification I started getting emails. I had a host with almost no space left on the hard drive. It was a dev machine that I use all the time but rarely check on.   It was a perect test for the system. 

thanks for your help,

Dan 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

Great. Thank you!

0 Kudos