Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Server connection fails: Invalid token

05-21-2024 08:20 AM
Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

My ArcGIS Server metrics are failing to pull. The account I use to authenticate is giving me an invalid token error message. I have tried other accounts, but I keep getting this same error message.   This connection was working perfectly but I rebooted the server that hosts Arcmonitor and ever since I have this error. My other components work fine. Portal metrics are pulling as expected. 

• I tried creating a new connection to the Server but it gave me the same error
  • I rebooted all the hosts
  • I tried using different accounts
  • The Arcmonitor server and agents are the same: 2023.3.1
  • Error message: https://xx.xxx.xxx.xx:7443/arcgis/sharing/rest/community/self' returned an error. 'Invalid token.'
  • Running Enterprise 10.9.1 

anyone have any ideas?

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarS
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hey Dan!

Are you using the Primary Site Administrator for the ArcGIS Server Site? Based on that error, I assume your ArcGIS Server is federated with Portal and only the Primary Site Administrator for the ArcGIS Server Site will work. Please make sure you are using that account when registering the component. 

Have there been any changes to that account, is it locked? To be on the safe side, are there any usage reports in the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory? If yes, you can follow the workaround in this defect to delete those and attempt registration again: BUG-000165344 for ArcGIS Monitor (esri.com).

If you still seeing that error, I would recommend opening a technical support ticket to take a deeper look into the issue. 

I hope this helps!

Dan_Brumm
Occasional Contributor II

I figured it out... I keep forgetting to cleanup my usage reports.  Once I remove the user reports from Server everything starts working again. 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos