ArcGIS Monitor will work only with MongoDB?

Jump to solution
11-09-2021 07:30 PM
SreekanthK
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Monitor will work only with MongoDB? or Can we use other database like PostgreSQL for the set up and configuration

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The current release of ArcGIS Monitor only works with MongoDB.  Future releases will move away from MongoDB and support SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The current release of ArcGIS Monitor only works with MongoDB.  Future releases will move away from MongoDB and support SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.

SreekanthK
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for the updates on the new ArcGIS Monitor.

0 Kudos
SreekanthK
New Contributor II

@ReeseFacendini , Thank you   so much for the reply.

Could you help to clarify the following also.

Do we need to open any WMI port to collect the data from remote machines about OS resources(CPU, Memory process)

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

@SreekanthK if the service account running the ArcGIS Monitor Collection service is able to be added to the Administrators group (assuming windows), then no you don't need any WMI ports.  If you aren't able to add that service account to the Admin group, then follow this link for setting up connections using WMI

SreekanthK
New Contributor II

Thank You @ReeseFacendini  for your valuable support.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

All,

I just wanted to post a minor correction to @ReeseFacendini's post:

FYI, the next gen ArcGIS Monitor release coming in 2022 will support its repository to be stored in SQL Server and PostgreSQL only. We will not support Oracle at this time.

Hope this helps,

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@ReeseFacendini, the presentations I have seen about the upcoming ArcGIS Monitor changes are quite interesting, dare I say exciting.  Any word on when the next release will be?

ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

I feel the same way!  Unfortunately I don't have pulse on the release date for the major update.  I hope it'll be next year with the next release of ArcGIS Enterprise, but that's wishful thinking at the moment.  I'm crossing my fingers regardless.