ArcGIS Monitor report presence of ArcGIS Server Error Reports?

Jump to solution
07-07-2021 05:53 AM
ChrisTaylor2
New Contributor III

Hello,

Is there (or could there be) a way to get notified in ArcGIS Monitor when an error report is generated from ArcGIS Server? It would save having to periodically comb through many servers looking for them.

Thanks,

Chris Taylor

City of Kingston

Canada

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for that clarification.  Like it says in ArcGIS Server, those files are for Esri Dev / Tech Support Staff, where ArcGIS Monitor is focused on allowing the user to diagnose issues as they come up.  Monitor will alert on all log errors (warning, critical, and severe), which would alert you to the issues being sent to the error reports.  But no there isn't a way to have those read into Monitor.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you mean error entries in the Server logs, or are you talking about something else?

0 Kudos
ChrisTaylor2
New Contributor III

I'm talking about these:

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/10.7/administer/windows/submitting-error-reports.htm

I didn't realize (or had forgotten) that there was a way to determine whether error reports were present through ArcGIS Server Manager, which is a little more convenient than looking in the folders on the server, but it still feels like something that would be nice to just be notified about when dealing with many servers.

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for that clarification.  Like it says in ArcGIS Server, those files are for Esri Dev / Tech Support Staff, where ArcGIS Monitor is focused on allowing the user to diagnose issues as they come up.  Monitor will alert on all log errors (warning, critical, and severe), which would alert you to the issues being sent to the error reports.  But no there isn't a way to have those read into Monitor.

0 Kudos
ChrisTaylor2
New Contributor III

Ok thank you - it seemed like a sensible fit in my mind but I understand the distinction you're making. Appreciate the help!

Chris

0 Kudos