ArcGIS Monitor Notification Email

Jump to solution
03-23-2023 07:50 AM
SteveMcCarthy
Occasional Contributor

Where would you go to update name field so it shows the Name associated with the ID?  Is it possible to change what attributes are in the notification?

SteveMcCarthy_0-1679582982867.png

12 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Galada_321,

No, there are no changes to email notifications in the forthcoming Monitor 2023.2 release. The 2023.2 release will be a minor update with a focus on database partitioning. 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
LisaDong
Esri Contributor

Heads up everyone, 

For your reference, here are the two enhancements that helps with this behavior:

1. ENH-000159627 : For email notifications in ArcGIS Monitor 2023, provide equivalent functionality to ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1.
    • In ArcGIS Monitor 2023.x, the client is asking for Metric Name to be populated instead of NA, along with STATUS, ALERT RULE and ALERT VALUE information in email notifications to restore equivalency with ArcGIS Monitor 10.8.1.
  2. ENH-000153088 : Ability to create a summary email template within ArcGIS Monitor.
    • Request to receive periodic summary of issues via email templates.
JackHardwick4
New Contributor

Our organization was also a little bummed with the limited email notification functionality. In the meantime, I thought I'd share a tiny workaround to this for everyone else. 

The notification name is included as the email subject line, so I've created around 5 different notifications so far with different names so I can tell at a glance in my inbox what has happened. 

JackHardwick4_0-1713971427549.png

In my email, I see the following:

JackHardwick4_1-1713971532079.png

100% not ideal but at least I can at a glance know what the alert is for. Probably only good for smaller deployments like mine, unless you're okay with managing a bunch of these notifications. Hopefully we see this functionality fleshed out a bit in future updates. I'll probably keep doing it this way in the meantime..