Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Monitor 2024.0 Unable to Generate Token when Registering Portal

3 weeks ago
Raleigh_GISGIS
Occasional Contributor

At 2023.3.1, I didn't have any issues registering my Portal.  However at 2024.0 I receive an Unable to Generate Token error when registering through the component discovery.  I have confirm that I am using an administrator account.  Note that this is an HA portal and I have attempted this with two different HA portals.

14 Replies
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

@Raleigh_GISGIS, what version of Portal are you using?

0 Kudos
Raleigh_GISGIS
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
EsriEvan
Esri Contributor

Hello folks, the development team is aware of this issue and is working to include it in a 2024.0.1 patch (to be released as soon as possible). The cause has to do with how Portal chooses to redirect requests from certain hosts (IP vs FQDN vs hostname) and how those redirects are handled within the AGM Agent. Dev team is unaware of a workaround at this time. 

SteveMcCarthy
Regular Contributor

@EsriEvan Is this because of Enterprise 11.1 or it being HA?

0 Kudos
ChrisTaylor2
Regular Contributor

Must be 11.1 -  I'm getting the same thing for one of my Portals and we aren't HA.

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Frequent Contributor

Hi @EsriEvan 

We're having this issue registering our 10.9.1 Portal as well. Is there a bug number we can track?

0 Kudos
RexNeville
Occasional Contributor

Yes also have the same problem here with the Monitor Agent running on the portal server failing to get a token (from 10.9.1 or 11.3 portals). Probably because the token request from the Agent gets redirected to the web adaptor URL (IIS web adaptor is not on same machine as portal server). Following, waiting for bug fix. It would be really great if there was a way to edit/set the portal or server URL when registering that component as was possible in Monitor 2023.3. 

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your patience as we look into this. The Monitor development team has identified the cause of this issue. A fix will be included in the upcoming 2024.0.1 patch. This issue is officially recorded as BUG-000170617.

Josh

cc: @SteveMcCarthy @RexNeville @BrittanyBurson @ChrisTaylor2 

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @GeoJosh for the update. 

As an FYI it's not possible to submit bugs or cases through Chat support under Monitor because it requires an issue category and sub category, but there are none, so you're stuck.

BrittanyBurson_0-1726239206996.png