Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Monitor 2023 - Mass label application, Excel report, mass disable observers

Jump to solution
02-16-2023 05:43 PM
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

Just installed ArcGIS Monitor 2023 and I'm going through the process of configuring. So far I have a couple of questions.

1. Services all get picked up when you add a GIS Server - can you
    1. Mass apply labels to them so you can split them into various collections. I've found the filter - is that the way to add to specific collections (I'll play with that)
    2. Not sure if this is the right workflow or not - but is there a way to disable observers for services that you're not interested in monitoring (say like static cached services) - or is it best practice to leave them all in. Reason I ask is that I've got 800 odd services across 6 GIS servers and there is too much information and something is almost always alerting. We just want to focus on our core services.
  2. This has come up a few times but is there an equivalent to the Excel Report  currently or is this coming - this was one of the best features of 10.8.1

Thanks!

EDIT:

So I worked out you can do filtering based on the type and an internal address containing a string so I don't need to use labels (and new services get added without the need to apply labels - which is better). 😉

@DerekLaw 

Tags (1)
14 Replies
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
René_Ténière
Occasional Contributor

@AndrewSakowicz If you would like to follow up on my case and get more details about the issue you can refer to esri Canada case #03380513

0 Kudos
René_Ténière
Occasional Contributor

@AndrewSakowicz the related but correct case # is 03360615. 

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1
Regular Contributor

I am also able to reproduce this issue on 2023.2 using Edge. 

0 Kudos
LanceKirby2
Occasional Contributor II

I'm also dealing with this issue.

0 Kudos