Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Monitor 2023 - Mass label application, Excel report, mass disable observers

Jump to solution
02-16-2023 05:43 PM
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

Just installed ArcGIS Monitor 2023 and I'm going through the process of configuring. So far I have a couple of questions.

1. Services all get picked up when you add a GIS Server - can you
    1. Mass apply labels to them so you can split them into various collections. I've found the filter - is that the way to add to specific collections (I'll play with that)
    2. Not sure if this is the right workflow or not - but is there a way to disable observers for services that you're not interested in monitoring (say like static cached services) - or is it best practice to leave them all in. Reason I ask is that I've got 800 odd services across 6 GIS servers and there is too much information and something is almost always alerting. We just want to focus on our core services.
  2. This has come up a few times but is there an equivalent to the Excel Report  currently or is this coming - this was one of the best features of 10.8.1

Thanks!

EDIT:

So I worked out you can do filtering based on the type and an internal address containing a string so I don't need to use labels (and new services get added without the need to apply labels - which is better). 😉

@DerekLaw 

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

FraserHand.  Thank you for this helpful feedback.  To answer your questions: 1.1. Batch editing of labeling and alerting rules is scheduled for 2023.1 release (July 2023).  1.2.  There is no way to disable the observer for selected services.  However, we'll be able to batch edit alerting rules in 2023.1 update. 2. There is no COTS Excel Report. But batch alerting and excel report are available through the admin utility (based on our REST API Beta), among other features..

https://arcgismonitor.maps.arcgis.com/home/group.html?id=5f0447086a204bbb90a76377904f353c&view=list#...

View solution in original post

14 Replies
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

FraserHand.  Thank you for this helpful feedback.  To answer your questions: 1.1. Batch editing of labeling and alerting rules is scheduled for 2023.1 release (July 2023).  1.2.  There is no way to disable the observer for selected services.  However, we'll be able to batch edit alerting rules in 2023.1 update. 2. There is no COTS Excel Report. But batch alerting and excel report are available through the admin utility (based on our REST API Beta), among other features..

https://arcgismonitor.maps.arcgis.com/home/group.html?id=5f0447086a204bbb90a76377904f353c&view=list#...

FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

@AndrewSakowicz thanks for the link - I'll check it out now - much appreciated

0 Kudos
René_Ténière
Occasional Contributor

I just did a fresh install of 2023.1 and tried to apply labels to services using the component selection boxes and the page freezes. No labels are applied and I have to refresh the page to get it working again...

RenTnire_0-1685987554475.png

MarieCline_Delgado
Occasional Contributor

I am experiencing this same behavior with 2023.2.  Did you ever find a solution or workaround?

0 Kudos
AndrewSakowicz
Esri Contributor

@MarieCline_Delgado , Thank you for the feedback.  This is a rare case and not always reproducible.  But we believe we might  know the cause and will test this when this new UI component is available.  We'll post on the progress.  Thanks

René_Ténière
Occasional Contributor

All my coworkers have no issues while I still do. Good to see esri is looking into it and may have a possible solution. 

0 Kudos
MarieCline_Delgado
Occasional Contributor

@René_Ténière wrote:

All my coworkers have no issues while I still do. 

This was really helpful for me to know.  I created another user with the Manager Role and I am now able to successfully batch apply labels with this new user.   A suitable temporary workaround.  

Thanks for the comment!

0 Kudos
René_Ténière
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately for me I had the same issues using the admin user that the others were using for testing and it worked for them.

0 Kudos
MarieCline_Delgado
Occasional Contributor

@AndrewSakowicz Thank you for the update.  If you are in need of an example for testing, I am able to reproduce consistently.  Happy to help if needed.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos