Select to view content in your preferred language

Add "Storage Capacity Utilized" metric to each server instance

Tuesday
benjamin000
New Contributor

Question 1-  I have set values and enabled the metric "Storage Capacity Utilized" under Adminstration/Metrics.

When trying to apply this metric to individual server instances under Monitoring tab, it does not appear in the search results.

Question 2- How can I monitor disk space for multiple drives on one server instance?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimoT
by
Occasional Contributor

From my experience, Monitor registers all disk drives automatically upon registering a server. The storage capacity utilized metric alerts are enabled by default. You should just be able to go to Monitoring > Storage.

The Administration > Metric section is essentially for applying default values to metrics. 

benjamin000
New Contributor

Thanks for the info @TimoT .  I don't think any of the disk drivers were detected during initial registering of the components?  I am not seeing Storage under the Monitoring tab.

benjamin000_0-1720541385273.png

0 Kudos
GeoJosh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @benjamin000,

Storage components are children of host (Windows and Linux) components. After registering the hosts as components, you will see the associated storage components.

Josh

Craig_Lunde
New Contributor II

Looks like you haven't registered the Windows or Linux host yet.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/monitor/latest/get-started/windows/register-windows-hosts.htm