Let ArcGIS Server Manager monitor if a mapservice is up and running and give notification if it is not!

08-09-2011 12:03 AM
AndreasEspersen1
New Contributor II

Why can''t ArcGIS Server Manager not send notifications when critical mapservices are down?
I can see that esri has some scripts that can do it and third part programs such as Application Manager by Manageengine is able to do it. But why not implement it in ArcGIS Server Manager - It would be kind of neat to have it gathered in one place.

Cheers

Andy

Tags (1)
5 Comments
by Anonymous User
This is a very useful idea and clearly has a lot of points.  This year at the 2013 International User Conference one of our ArcGIS for Server developers will present a custom tool that does this via a browser extension.   I think it will be useful.

Once I get the link, I will post it here. 

Thanks!
Doug Carroll
by Anonymous User

Was this ever added? Sounds very useful!

by Anonymous User

To implement this in your enviroment need to use Rest endpoint checker tool using ArcGIS server rest API

by Anonymous User

Hi Avinash Kumar Patel thank you.‌ I seethis, looks like it'll do the trick!  Example: Check a folder for stopped services—Documentation (10.4) | ArcGIS for Server  I can do python, & AGS, JS, REST, will give this a whirl.

DerekLaw
Status changed to: Closed

Hi @AndreasEspersen1

This is a very old idea, but it was placed in the ArcGIS Monitor Ideas forum, so I will comment on this item. 

Why can''t ArcGIS Server Manager not send notifications when critical mapservices are down? 

This capability is included in ArcGIS Monitor - the product designed to monitor the system health of ArcGIS Enterprise. 

Hope this helps,