ARCGIS MISSION RESPONDER

10-20-2021 12:21 PM
PG89
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I´ve been working  with  Mission  but I can´t make Mission Responder work correctly. I´m using Android devices, so I need more details about Mission Responder and android compatibilities.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ShaneHefner1
Esri Contributor

Hi PG89,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. If you could provide us as much detail as you can about your environment (version, any system properties, use of web adaptor with Mission Server, any errors) that would be most helpful.

0 Kudos
PG89
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

We are working on a 10.8.1 Portal version, using web adaptor and no errors appeared during mission installation. By now mission responder is not working correctly, and we made tests on two android devices Xiaomi and Galaxy Tab A7.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
MarcellHaynes
Esri Contributor

Hi PG89,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you start by telling me what version of Responder you are using? To find this information you can go to the settings page and tap "About Mission Responder." You should be able to see an app version on this screen. I would also like to know what problems you are having while trying to use Responder?  

0 Kudos
PG89
by
New Contributor II

We are using Mission Responder 20.1.0 because new version is not compatible with our portal (10.8.1).
Problems are about display. Some devices stop working, goes blank, can receive geomessages but application starts to fail (Xiaomi). On Galaxy Tab device you can only sign up and then application goes to blank, is not possible to see the map or explore the  application. So i´d like to have more specification about compatibilities (android versions, etc)

Regards

0 Kudos
MarcellHaynes
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the feedback. For the 10.8.1 enterprise version you will need the 20.2 version of Mission Responder. You can find version 20.2 on the Esri Downloads page. The listing for Mission Responder is under the ArcGIS Server section. The steps needed to download the version on your device are below: 

1. While signed in with your ArcGIS account, download the setup.
  2. Run the .exe file, extracting the .apk to your machine.
  3. Transfer the .apk to the android device.
  4. Once the .apk is on the device, tap on the file to install it.

Thank you again for reaching out to us and please let us know if these steps worked for you or if you have any other questions or issues. 

0 Kudos
PG89
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for your help.

We made some tests and in the devices that i mention before the problem is solved, but now on Samsung Galaxy A11did not work. The app closes right before log in. Is there any devices recommendation?

0 Kudos
MarcellHaynes
Esri Contributor

Though our product should work on most google and android devices, we have tested and verified that Responder works on Google Pixels and Samsung Galaxy S series devices. Thank you for verifying that the above solution worked. 

0 Kudos
PG89
by
New Contributor II

Any recommendation about devices ( brand, android version, etc) ?

0 Kudos
PG89
by
New Contributor II

Our customer is going to use Galaxy A 11 

0 Kudos