What's New in ArcGIS Pro2.4: Maritime

06-20-2019 03:49 PM
MrinmayeeBharadwaj
Esri Regular Contributor
3 5 1,000

The Maritime tools at Pro2.4 now have the ability to convert the S-57 vector product for storing nautical charting data to the new vector S-101 format.

We can also modify and input point or multi-point feature class using the Reduce Point Density tool, and smooth triangulated irregular network or TIN datasets, using the Smooth Bathymetric TIN tool.

(Maritime starts at the 16:19 mark!)

5 Comments
KamaruddinYusoff
New Contributor II

Any tutorial or webinar collection for the whole Maritime tools at Pro2.4 ?

MrinmayeeBharadwaj
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for your query Kamaruddin! The Maritime team will reach out to you soon with information.

KamaruddinYusoff
New Contributor II

Many thanks for the head up. Is it possible to view S-101 potrayal onboard ArcGIS Pro?

CraigGreene
Esri Contributor

Hi Kamaruddin,

There isn't a complete S-101 Portrayal Catalogue yet, so what we have is ported from S-52. That said, there are some templates on ArcGIS Online that you can download that come with the UKHO "Micklefirth" sample dataset, converted from S-57 to S-101, and loaded in a Pro project and symbolized with the migrated S-52 symbols. 

The Pro Project can be downloaded from here:

https://www.arcgis.com/home/group.html?id=dbbf236dec504118b569bdb5a47a28ee#overview 

There is a video on some of the maritime bathymetry capabilities in Pro, which is on YouTube.

The S-100 capabilities in Pro include a converter GP tool, to convert your S-57 datasets to S-101, and there are tools to import and export S-101 datasets.

In the next release, we will have tools for managing and creating complex attributes and feature associations in S-100. We will be creating videos of these tools and I can make you aware when they are available. 

If you want to reach out to me directly for more information, please do, I can give you a sneak peak at some of these new capabilities. 

cgreene@esri.com

Thanks - Craig

MrinmayeeBharadwaj
Esri Regular Contributor