Cant load custom location Unreal Engine

Jump to solution
03-31-2023 01:31 AM
RobScholten
New Contributor

RobScholten_0-1680251327641.png

RobScholten_1-1680251338072.png

Hi!

I am currently trying to load a place in the Netherlands into Unreal Engine using that ArcGIS plugin. I took the latitude and longitude from Google Maps. 

I created the Map with these coordinates and afterwards the camera. I copied the API key into the right place. I selected the basemap and i want to use. 

But i am not getting any image or data. I tried doing the New York example and some other bigger US cities, which seem to work fine. Is this a limitation or do i need to enable something more?

[EDIT: Fixed, Google maps gives coordinates in Latitude, longitude and i wasnt familiar which is which, so i accidentally turned them around]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LuisMorales1980
New Contributor II
Two possible answers:

1. Have you created and ArcGIS camera?
The map won’t load anything until you have one of these on the level

2. Are you sure you’re pasting your coordinates in the correct order? I noticed for some reason ArcGIS uses its coordinates the other way round; eg Google Maps uses Lat/Long but ArcGIS uses Long/Lat

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LuisMorales1980
New Contributor II
Two possible answers:

1. Have you created and ArcGIS camera?
The map won’t load anything until you have one of these on the level

2. Are you sure you’re pasting your coordinates in the correct order? I noticed for some reason ArcGIS uses its coordinates the other way round; eg Google Maps uses Lat/Long but ArcGIS uses Long/Lat

Hope this helps!