Unity, SteamVR - Buildings only render in left eye

Jump to solution
07-01-2022 12:07 PM
BT10
by
New Contributor

Using Unity 2021.3.5 on a Windows 11 machine, I can't get buildings to render in both eyes of a VIVE headset.  Building geometry is only appearing in the left eye.  The Basemap does show in both eyes, but buildings show only in the left eye. I'm using SteamVR.

If there is documentation out there for VR camera set-ups please point me in the right direction.  I was able to get almost everything running properly by simply adding the ArcGIS Camera script to the camera of the SteamVR Rig and it looks and runs great except for this single issue.  I must be missing a configuration step somewhere.  

I appreciate any assistance.
Many thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BT10
by
New Contributor

Doh!  I had single-pass rendering enabled.  I changed it to multipass and all is well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BT10
by
New Contributor

Doh!  I had single-pass rendering enabled.  I changed it to multipass and all is well.

0 Kudos
coryeicher
Occasional Contributor

Glad you got this working. I have been unable to find a VR camera solution which works. I am targeting Oculus Quest 2 goggles. I posted over here.

As soon as I create an ArcGISCamera, on the goggles I can then no longer look around the scene, move, or interact with the GUI. 

I'm still looking for a solution. When you said "simply adding the ArcGIS Camera script to the camera of the SteamVR Rig ", are you referring to the ArcGISCamera? I tried your tip, but still seeing same issue.

Here's my working setup (prior to creating an ArcGIS Camera). Again, currently I either need to chose a) interaction or b) seeing Esri data. I can't do both together, which is what I need of course.

I am using Open XR

Thx,

-Cory

CORY EICHER
www.eichcorp.com
cory@eichcorp.com
0 Kudos
coryeicher
Occasional Contributor

I was able to get most of this working by dragging the "ArcGIS Map" underneath my "XR Origin". More info on my orig post.

CORY EICHER
www.eichcorp.com
cory@eichcorp.com
0 Kudos
AhmadMohammadi
New Contributor

This is not optimized specially for VR development where the optimization is very important. VR applications are similar to Mobile applications, need to be optimized. I created the following tutorial for an example of an object and How to fix Objects Only Shows in Single Eye in Unity VR. https://youtu.be/JiCJN8EvoCA

This tutorial explains how to fix objects which only are visible in Single (left) eye in URP. This is a custom shader problem in Unity VR. You can get the water prefab from UnityStandardAsset. If you do not have, then download from here: https://github.com/RoadwayVR/UnityStandardAssets How to get
0 Kudos