'Working on your file' splash screen won't disappear when opening .AIX in Illustrator on Mac

11-26-2020 10:50 AM
JeffCable7
New Contributor

When opening an .AIX file in Adobe Illustrator (both 2020 & 2021) on Mac, the 'Working on your file' graphic stays on the screen even after the file finishes loading. Furthermore, the file is not organized into layers properly. I can still interact with the application, but its hard to see anything with the graphic in the way. When I close the document, the graphic still remains visible. I am signed in to my ArcGIS Online account. I am on macOS 10.15.7. I have tried deleting my AI preferences, but nothing works to solve this. This is not a problem on Windows. Anyone else seeing this problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jeff, 

Sorry that you are running into this. Is there a way you can share the AIX file here or email to us? What is the version of ArcGIS Pro used to create the AIX file. You mention you are on Mac - are you running ArcGIS Pro on a separate PC or some virtualization being used - like Bootcamp or Parallels. Let us know. 

0 Kudos
JeffCable7
New Contributor

Hi Madhura,

I am running ArcGIS Pro on a separate PC. I am using ArcGIS Pro v2.5.0.

I tried to attach the .AIX file here, but it says it is not a supported format. I can send it in an email. Which address should I send it to?

I should also mention that, while I did not see the problem occur on my PC, a colleague of mine did. And another user has commented on this thread that they also have this problem on PC. So it doesn't sound like it is a Mac only issue. 

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
VictoriaBlake
New Contributor

I am having the same issue on Windows. I am using Adobe Illustrator 2021, ArcGIS Pro 2.6.3, and have reinstalled the latest version of ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud. I had exported and opened the same file a few weeks ago without issue. 

Edit: I tried a lot of things but I renamed the file without spaces and was able open in Adobe.

AlexanderAudet
New Contributor III

Changing the file name so that there were no spaces did the trick! My files just wasn't opening at all, it was getting stuck on the "Working on your file" screen with the progress bar at 1/2. I left it there for 48 hours without progress and tried restarting etc.

MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @JeffCable7 , @VictoriaBlake , - I just sent you both a note about how to reach us. Alternatively you might be able to zip up your AIX files and attached here. That might work. 

0 Kudos