Trouble installing ArcGIS Adobe CC extension after CC 2018

Jump to solution
12-07-2017 12:39 PM
JosiahPaul
New Contributor II

Hi, I had installed ArcGIS Maps for Adobe CC on Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 - it was working fine as far as I could tell.

Adobe released their CC 2018 update, I installed that, then in Illustrator I go to: Window/ Extensions/  > but all that is available is "Libraries"

Am I missing something?

-Is it now somewhere else?
-Or do I need to reinstall the extension?

Which brings me to my next point; I get this message when I try to click on the extension in the Adobe Add-ons:

So it appears that at some point between CC 2017 update and CC 2018 ArcGIS update, I've lost the extension.

-Any ideas as to what the issue could be?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Try signing out of creative cloud and signing back in. Then install again. If that fails as well then possibly the other option is to try to install the application manually using the Adobes Command Line extension Manager or a 3rd party installation tool Anastasiys Extension Manager

To download the extension (.ZXP) go to the "Where to find it" tab. Click Download another way >Download using extension manager. 

Then Click the Download button. 

This will download the extension as a .zxp file on your computer. 

For installation:

Option1: Using Anastasiys Extension manager open the tool and point to the downloaded ZXP to install. This one is easier.

OR

Option2: Use command line and Adobes Extension Manager command line utitlity . 

- Copy the zxp to the same folder as the extension manger command line. 

- Open command prompt and use the /install command to install the ZXP. Make sure you point to the zxp you download.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hello Josiah,

With you Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app running, can you open url https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/products/16913#.WimxkFXtxEZ in your browser and click install there?

Xingdong 

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Josiah Paul‌, 

We had pushed out version 1.1 of our extension after CC2018 came out. Can you try accessing the add-on directly from the url https://exchange.adobe.com/addons/patches/40427#.Wimxw0qnGUk  Does this also give you the same error? Also can you please check if you have file syncing checked on in your creative cloud app?

Thanks

Madhura

0 Kudos
JosiahPaul
New Contributor II

Clicking on that supplied link gives me:

-I can also confirm that Creative Cloud app is running and I am signed in.

-I can confirm file syncing is also on.

0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Are you on a Mac? Can you try the same URL in a different browser or may be on a Windows machine if possible?

0 Kudos
JosiahPaul
New Contributor II

Good idea - nope not on a Mac (some might say unfortunately) - work PC specs below on Windows 7:

I tried that link in Firefox - what I get is this:

Seems to be telling me that I already have it installed?

-Should I try the "Remove" button here?

XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Please try click Remove, wait for a minute, and then click Install.

JosiahPaul
New Contributor II

Tried to remove it: after a little while this message appeared in the Creative Cloud app:

-However in the exchange.adobe site it has:

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Try signing out of creative cloud and signing back in. Then install again. If that fails as well then possibly the other option is to try to install the application manually using the Adobes Command Line extension Manager or a 3rd party installation tool Anastasiys Extension Manager

To download the extension (.ZXP) go to the "Where to find it" tab. Click Download another way >Download using extension manager. 

Then Click the Download button. 

This will download the extension as a .zxp file on your computer. 

For installation:

Option1: Using Anastasiys Extension manager open the tool and point to the downloaded ZXP to install. This one is easier.

OR

Option2: Use command line and Adobes Extension Manager command line utitlity . 

- Copy the zxp to the same folder as the extension manger command line. 

- Open command prompt and use the /install command to install the ZXP. Make sure you point to the zxp you download.

0 Kudos
JosiahPaul
New Contributor II

Winner winner chicken dinner - that Anastasiys Extension Manager is solid - managed to install it using that.

-Thanks for all the assistance people.