Syncing layers in Maps for Adobe creates one flattened layer instead of separate functional layers in Photoshop.

06-30-2020 05:36 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm learning Maps for Adobe through the Learn ArcGIS program. The exercise is here: Get Started with ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud | Learn ArcGIS  I'm working with Photoshop instead of Illustrator.

Everything works until I sync the layers from the Compilation viewer.

Instead of creating separate layers for all information, I see the entire map flattened on one layer, in addition to the Esri logo and copyright on other layers.

I've switched on all of the "Toggles Sync" boxes for the layers in the Compilation viewer.

What could be the reason that the layers aren't syncing separately in a way that can be edited?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Sophia,

This is expected behavior for Photoshop. When using Maps for Adobe in Photoshop the output file type is .tif, which doesn't support layers. As a result, you get a single rasterized layer for everything. In Illustrator, the output is a vector format which is why you see individual layers.

You could do a couple different things. If you want to use Photoshop, you can download each layer you want individually and you'll get a new layer in Photoshop for each download. Note that each layer will be a non-editable raster layer though.

You could also use Illustrator which supports raster layers as well as vector, so you'd get a layered output (including the raster layers) mixed in with the editable vector ones.

Hope this helps,

Steve

0 Kudos