Status of using Portal for ArcGIS with ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud Plug-in

Jump to solution
04-25-2018 10:55 AM
DalindaDamm
Occasional Contributor

I have read that being able to log-in to the ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud Plug-in via Portal for ArcGIS is an option expected in future releases. What is the status of this development?

Also, would this addition mean that a user could direct data being used for mapping with this plug-in through an ArcGIS Enterprise Portal for ArcGIS setup and not have to go through AGOL at all? Basically, I am trying to figure out if using Portal for ArcGIS instead of AGOL with this plug-in would be a viable workaround in cases where my client has sensitive data to map that they don't want hosted in a cloud environment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ClintLoveman
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Dalinda Damm‌ based on your last comment, "client has sensitive data to map they don't want hosted in a cloud" your looking for a complete on prem solution. Specifically the (client's) data and the backend server components, that Maps for Adobe add-on uses to make the Ai/Ps files, are not in ArcGIS Online, but on your (their) own hardware, correct? If so, that is definitely on our road map of workflows to support, however details and timeline is still a ways out, possibly sometime mid 2019.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ClintLoveman

Hi Dalinda Damm‌ based on your last comment, "client has sensitive data to map they don't want hosted in a cloud" your looking for a complete on prem solution. Specifically the (client's) data and the backend server components, that Maps for Adobe add-on uses to make the Ai/Ps files, are not in ArcGIS Online, but on your (their) own hardware, correct? If so, that is definitely on our road map of workflows to support, however details and timeline is still a ways out, possibly sometime mid 2019.

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Mid 2019??

0 Kudos
ClintLoveman

Ya, I know, sorry...'bout a year away. Me too  ...lots of backend stuff that needs to get done first to support it.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

yeah, I've heard from others that, how to say this, working with Adobe backend code and API's "ain't what it used to be". They'r reluctant to support any workflow that doesn't do everything in the "cloud". Hmmmm....where else have I seen that......

0 Kudos
DalindaDamm
Occasional Contributor

Yes, Clint Loveman, I am looking for an all 'on-premises' solution. The information you provided is what I was asking about. Thanks!

0 Kudos
MathiasGieser
New Contributor III

Any update on the status of this plug in for connecting to Portal for ArcGIS?

0 Kudos
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Mathias Gieser‌,

Support for Portal is still absolutely on the roadmap for us, but it is unfortunately taking longer than expected. As Clint mentioned previously, there are some other large pieces of functionality we first must implement, namely integrating with ArcGIS Pro. We expect to have a beta program for Pro integration early next year, and hope to have it released before UC 2020. After that, support for Portal will be the next large project we tackle.

We fully understand the need to work with Portal users and it's one of the most asked-for features. We're getting close, and while I can't give you a concrete timeline I can tell you it is the next big enhancement we'll take on.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

@Delinda_Damn, don't forget to upvote https://community.esri.com/ideas/12663 

0 Kudos