Not showing up in Extensions

08-01-2019 10:26 AM
MattColwin
New Contributor II

I have installed the add-on, but when I go to Illustrator, it does not appear under Window > Extensions. All I see is "Libraries" listed twice there. Not sure what to do.

6 Replies
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi,

What version of Illustrator are you using? And are you using a personal or enterprise Adobe ID?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
MattColwin
New Contributor II

Hi Steve - 

I'm using Illustrator 2019 version 23.0.3.

I'm using an Enterprise Adobe ID.

0 Kudos
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately there are some known issues installing extensions from Adobe Exchange when using an enterprise Adobe ID. There are a couple things we can try to work around the problem though.

First, try reinstalling the Creative Cloud Desktop app, it sometimes prevents extensions from being updated properly. You can follow the steps at the bottom of this Adobe knowledge base article: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html

If that doesn’t help, try this:

1. Completely quit all running Adobe applications.
  2. If needed, end all Adobe processes including the one for Creative Cloud from Windows task manager
  3. Rename this file: C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db
  4. Re- Launch Creative Cloud and sign in when asked.
  5. You should see a new opm.db file in the location from step 3.
  6. The extension should now automatically reinstall. This might take a couple of minutes – I have seen a range from 2 to 10 mins. Look for notifications in your CC desktop client app. Depending on your Windows configuration you might get a notification that something is trying to install. Finally, check for folder and files created under ‘com.esri.ArcGISMapsforAdobeCC’ at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions
  7. Open Illustrator and check for the extension under Window > Extensions.
  8. If step 6 fails, quit Illustrator and sign into the Adobe Exchange website. Click Sync Extensions or uninstall and reinstall the extension.

If that also doesn’t work then we can have a call and I can try to see what might be the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions about anything.

Thanks,

Steve

CorineRamos
New Contributor II

Matt Colwin

I'm in the exact same situation. Did any of Steven's steps work for you? Unfortunately none of them worked for me.

Steven Moore‌,

My apple ID was added to an Adobe Team along with 1 other person in my GIS department, would we need to submit a group request? Or is something different going on?Extension Options

Thank you, 

Corine

0 Kudos
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Corine,

Send an email to mapsforadobe@esri.com and we can setup a conference call to take a closer look at your issue.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
CorineRamos
New Contributor II

We found out that the firewall for our organization was preventing the installation. Our network team decided it was best to enable us full access for 5 minutes to install the extension. After they returned our access back to normal, the extension was still installed, and we are currently using it.

Thank you for your help,

Corine

0 Kudos