'My Content' dropdown option not available in new layer window, and unable to set output directory to server path.

08-20-2019 01:16 PM
AHCMaps
New Contributor

Hello,

I have two separate questions:

1. We have recently subscribed to a Plus account and I noticed that the 'My Content' option in the drop down menu of the Create a New Layer window is missing. Should it be available after signing into my Plus account?

2. I am unable to set the Output Directory to our server without getting an "undefined error." The separate layers are not built out and syncing stops. It only creates Layer 1 followed by a series of layers named <Clip Group> for each layer that I choose to sync. Should it be possible to have the extension sync maps and create AI files on server paths? Or is it only limited to saving on my local machine? I have the following report that is generated after the error happens in one of these instances (also attached):

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
   Host Application: ILST 23.0.3
   M4CC Version: 1.4.2
   User: adobe__0016281
FATAL ERROR: undefined
   Code: undefined
   Date: 8/2/2019 8:44:24 AM
   Date: 8/2/2019 8:44:25 AM
   Date: 8/2/2019 8:44:54 AM
   Date: 8/2/2019 8:44:54 AM

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Not seeing 'My Content' is expected since a Plus account is not a full ArcGIS Online organizational account, it's in between Complimentary and ArcGIS Online. Therefore you don't have any place to create/store content and subsequently retrieve it. You should still see the other content options though (Maps for Creative Cloud, ArcGIS Online, etc).

For your output directory question, are you using a UNC path to the folder on the server? Or a network drive?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
AHCMaps
New Contributor

Hi Steven,

Gotcha, thanks! Yes, I do see the other content options fine.

For the output directory, I am using a network drive that I have connected to my machine--in this case my R:\ drive. Using this path caused the error. I did then try to use the UNC path to the same location that yielded the same error.

Best,

Melody

0 Kudos
AHCMaps1
New Contributor

Hi Steven,

I just wanted to follow up with this. Was your team able to find out about being unable to set the output directory to a server?

Best,

Melody

0 Kudos
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Hi Melody,

Sorry for the delay. It looks like there is a bug with this workflow, but in our testing it seems to work if you browse to the network drive instead of typing it in the text box where the path is displayed. Can you try that, or is that what you're already trying?

Thanks,

Steve

AHCMaps1
New Contributor

Hi Steve!

I tried to navigate to the folder by browsing to it instead and that seemed to do the trick! Thank you so much for the tip! 🙂

Best,

Melody

0 Kudos
StevenMoore1
Esri Contributor

Great, glad that worked for you. We've logged the underlying issue as a bug and will fix it in a future release.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos