How to switch from free to ArcGIS Online

04-24-2020 03:46 PM
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Re-posting a question that we frequently get asked about. You might find this information useful if
A) You started your map design journey in ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud at the complimentary access level and later upgraded to Plus or ArcGIS Online
OR
B) Your organization assigned you an ArcGIS Online account but you are already using complimentary. 

So, How do you switch your extension to use ArcGIS Online (or Plus) instead of using free or complimentary?

You can do this in either the Mapboards or Compilation window. 

In both these windows you will notice and 'Account' button

Click this, from the available option choose your desired account type to sign into. 

This should open up a dialog where you can enter your Plus or ArcGIS Online credentials and use the advanced features not available with a complimentary access. 

Another tip, if you don't choose to remember your credentials or they expire and the extension returns to complimentary then you might also encounter this warning during your workflow. 

Simply click the desired blue hyperlink to reopen the sign-in dialog and re-enter your credentials. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HistoricHighways
New Contributor

I am trying to upgrade from a complimentary to a Plus account but can't seem to find that option anywhere. Clicking "Sign up" in the extension tells me my username is already taken (I know, it's my username), while "Sign in" with my existing login information gives me the message "Plus user not found". I am using the latest version of Illustrator and the Maps for Creative Cloud extension. 

0 Kudos