Extension freezes map download at 42%

04-05-2018 08:22 AM
KadeO_Connor
New Contributor

I keep trying to use the CC extension, but it cannot download maps for me to do anything with. When I go to sync, it gets up to 42% (always 42%!) and then that's it. I don't even get an error message as I'm seeing others have issues with. I'd really like this to work as it would solve a huge need at work and I'd like to convince them to purchase an account.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KadeO_Connor
New Contributor

Additionally, when I use the extension in Photoshop, I can get it to "Successfully downloaded into artwork layers, design away!" - except I'm left with a completely blank canvas.

0 Kudos
KadeO_Connor
New Contributor

okay. I've figured out that it is successfully creating AI docs - just not opening them or acknowledging that the process went past 42%. I hadn't checked the documents>Adobe folder yet, since there was no indication any files were even created, yet there they are. Also, the Photoshop rendering did not create a Photoshop file, but rather yet another illustrator file. How on earth? Is there anywhere to submit a ticket?

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Kade, 

I am having some trouble replicating this. I tried over a general area in Durham NC based on your screenshot. The map downloaded when i tried in both illustrator and photoshop . Wondering about a few things to see if we can figure out what may have gone wrong.

1. Can you send us the output AI file that got generated?

2. Tell us a bit more about the version of Illustrator/ Photoshop and your OS

3. Can you change the output directory to some other location and try again to see if it works differently? To access the setting for output directory please use the setting button in the Mapboards panel. 

Map area and output dimensionsAccess to settings Output location

Thanks

Madhura

0 Kudos