Downloaded Plug in and All I get is a Black Screen

06-27-2017 02:49 PM
BrianLandes
New Contributor II

I downloaded the plugin through Adobe and it seemed to install correctly.  However, I keep getting a black screen with no map window, nowhere to login...nothing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin multiple times and keep getting the same result.  Has anyone had a similar issue or does anyone have a solution?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian, 

Sorry about the issues you are experiencing. 

At first hand seems to me that some part of the installation may not have completed correctly on your machine. So can you check for a few things on your machine.

Could you please confirm if you have a config.json file installed on your machine in your users profile? In windows it should be under C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\m4cc\config.

If so can you please send a screen shot of what is in it?

Also wondering what is the OS and Creative Cloud version on this machine? 

Thanks

Madhura

BrianLandes
New Contributor II

This is what I have in the config folder

0 Kudos
BrianLandes
New Contributor II

Running on Windows 7

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Thanks for confirming. The file size appears smaller than what I expected. Can you please attach the file here for me to take a look at it?

0 Kudos
BrianLandes
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian, are you our Beta user of the app before? What version of Illustrator are you currently using?

0 Kudos
BrianLandes
New Contributor II

I was a beta user and didn't work then.  I'm on version 19.1.0

MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian, Can you please upgrade and try again. Let us know if you still see the issue.

0 Kudos
XingdongZhang
Esri Contributor

That's the problem. The app supports Adobe Illustrator CC version 19.2 and beyond.