ArcGIS Pro outlining text in .aix exports

Jump to solution
12-13-2020 10:22 AM
AlexKweya
New Contributor III

How do I stop ArcGIS Pro from outlining text when exporting to .aix? I've tried setting text outline colour to none and width to 0 pt but the problem persists.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Update on this: development is looking into this issue so that live text can be maintained at dpis greater than 1200. In the meantime, using a dpi from a lower range should result in smoother vectors and live text. It's worth mentioning here that unlike ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro is not dependent on high dpi's for smooth appearance of vectors in an AIX or PDF output.  So, an export at 300 dpi should yield a reasonable output in terms of vector appearance and size. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlexKweya
New Contributor III

So I just found out the problem could be DPI related. Exports between 300 to 1,200 dpi maintain live text and going higher (I did as high as 7,200 dpi) outlines the text. I find that strange since in ArcMap, that wasn't an issue.

MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi @AlexKweya

I was able to replicate this. Thanks for bringing to our attention. I ll do some digging to find out the cause and post back here what I find. 

0 Kudos
AlexKweya
New Contributor III

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Update on this: development is looking into this issue so that live text can be maintained at dpis greater than 1200. In the meantime, using a dpi from a lower range should result in smoother vectors and live text. It's worth mentioning here that unlike ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro is not dependent on high dpi's for smooth appearance of vectors in an AIX or PDF output.  So, an export at 300 dpi should yield a reasonable output in terms of vector appearance and size. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
AlexKweya
New Contributor III

Thank you Madhura. I actually found that to be the case, 300 dpi works just fine.

0 Kudos