ArcGIS Maps for Adobe CC integration with ArcGIS Pro

02-06-2020 04:14 PM
MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor
4 9 4,504

The ArcGIS community has long requested the ability to bring maps from ArcGIS Pro into Adobe Illustrator. The ArcGIS Maps for Adobe team has been collaborating with the ArcGIS Pro team to design a supporting workflow.

At ArcGIS Pro 2.5, you can now export a map or layout from ArcGIS Pro to an Adobe Illustrator Exchange (AIX) file format. Then you can use this AIX file with ArcGIS Maps for Adobe 2.0 (beta) version available here to convert a map into layered artwork for use in Illustrator. Once you convert the map, you can style and manipulate the resulting artwork with the graphic editing tools in Illustrator. 

ArcGIS Maps for Adobe 2.0 (Beta) is now available so you can evaluate this new integration and provide us feedback. Please see the requirements below to sign up for the beta program. 

Requirements

- An existing account or ability to create an account with Esri's Early Adopter Community

- Adobe Illustrator CC v23.1 (or later)

- ArcGIS Pro 2.5 (or later)

Stay tuned!

9 Comments
DougCampbell
New Contributor III

Can't wait! No more .ai export but also no .AIX import (yet). When is soon???

MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Doug, 
Thanks for your patience. It is now available on Early Adopter Community to try out. Join from this link
ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud 2.0.0-beta 

Please use this beta program link to download the builds and to share feedback. 

Let me know if you run into any issues. 

Thanks

Madhura

DougCampbell
New Contributor III

This is terrific news! I can't wait to take it for a test drive. Thanks Madhura, for keeping us informed.

BrianE1
Occasional Contributor

tried it. basemap not showing up

MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

We are looking in to this. 

RamiKhrais
New Contributor

Thank you dear Madhura. 

My question is: How can we convert a map into layered artwork for use in Illustrator though ArcGIS Maps for Adobe 2.0? I tried to open the exported file in the extension but it indicated that the file format is unsupported. I used import > from file and then selected AIX file but it did not work. 

MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Rami Khrais,

Thanks for your question. If the extension is installed, in Adobe Illustrators File > Open menu, You should be able to filter files by AIX format and simply choose a file and open it. This should result in a layered Illustrator file. Please give this a try. If you run into issues I encourage you to comment in the beta program by logging an issue or forum post. 

Thank you.

Madhura

McNeely_Robin_L__DSN_
New Contributor

I was having a hard time figuring out how to Import the .aix file using the Mapboard just like Rami. None of the online help I found stated what should be obvious now - just open the .aix file in Illustrator. Perhaps a Help process statement would be useful so others don't try to use the Maps for Adobe extension interface to open the .aix file. 

MadhuraPhaterpekar
Esri Contributor

Hi Robin, 

Thanks for your feedback. Our help for the AIX workflow is currently available directly through the beta program website and is not yet integrated with our online help. Sorry about the confusion, we can certainly improve this experience in future.

Thanks again.

Madhura